My client is a highly respected accountancy firm operating within Accounts, Tax, Advisory, Audit with their own audit team. This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated individual to develop the audit team within the practice.
This presents an excellent opportunity for candidates who are • ACA/ACCA qualified with 3 years minimum experience of working in a multi partner accountancy practice, technically strong with good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards and basic tax planning. In addition to the technical skills and qualification, candidates will need to strongly demonstrate aptitude for building and maintaining business relationships, through excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build trust and rapport quickly. You will be resilient and resourceful with an open mind and an assuring presence, able to manage and control process and workload, to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner. A natural leader, you will be the first point of contact for clients and the team and an expert in the field.
• Leading and managing all audit, accountancy, taxation and work-related requirements for the firms audit clients
• Schedule, plan, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments
• Lead, manage and develop the team
• Researching and proposing technical and audit issues, and presenting solutions to the team and clients
• Communicate audit findings to senior management and clients, ensuring observations are supported by appropriate evidence and issues are articulated clearly
• Prioritise and manage the team's workload to meet deadlines
• Responsible for day to day communication with clients, including answering queries and being the first point of contact
• Responsible for financial scope of managing the client portfolio including raising fees and control of recoverability etc.
• Determine and agree value added recommendations, monitor management responses and implementation to ensure appropriate closure
• Think strategically about the client needs by understanding their business and key risks
• Travel to clients across the region
• Demonstrating an understanding of and empathy for the client's business through wider commercial knowledge
• Motivated to continue self-development to take on additional tasks and learn new skills to enhance the practices ability to expand its service offering
In return, this exceptional career move will offer handsome rewards tangible and intangible. So, if you're an experienced and ambitious individual with strong Accountancy Practice experience, looking for an opportunity to develop your own team in a successful and well-respected Practice, please get in touch with a detailed CV and covering letter, in the first instance or connect with Nelson Ray on LinkedIn. Rest assured, 100% discretion is assured.