HR & Operations Manager
Permanent, Full time position. Glasgow based.
Pertemps is delighted to be retained by our client to manage the appointment of a new HR & Operations Manager for a highly successful, energetic and ambitious, entrepreneurial software development company which offers e-commerce software and services to fashion retailers.
The team has extensive experience working with many large international fashion brands online. They work in close partnership with retailers to understand their existing sales channels and system processes in order to best integrate into their business.
As a result of continued business growth, and further opportunity to scale the business, they are delighted to be appointing the newly created role of HR & Operations Business Partner into their Glasgow city centre head office.
Reporting to and working closely with the company Directors, this role forms part of the management team of the business, and builds on the existing people infrastructure to create a strong and sustained platform for further business success.
The position is a broad and responsible role, where duties will include responsibility for all aspects of creating, improving and leading the formal HR and people agenda for the business, along with being the responsible person for many aspects of operational business management.
HR Duties will include:
Operations & Office Management duties will include:
- Supporting the Directors in implementing commercial HR/people-led solutions to drive performance, profitability, efficiencies and employee engagement
- Leading HR activities and projects, including the areas of employee engagement, performance management, talent management, organisational design, employee relations, reward and recognition and HR best practice
- Recruitment: attraction/ selection, screening
- Induction and onboarding, progress reviews, exit interviews
- Training, Learning and Development with a strong focus on creating a culture of CPD and a coaching and mentoring provision to develop and engage the talented specialists within the business
- Performance Management, appraisals, supporting and developing line manager capability
- Employee Engagement programs and business process improvement
- Employee relations – ensuring all aspects of policy and procedures are in place and being consistently applied around absence management, any disciplinary or grievance cases
- Developing existing HR policies and procedures, and introducing new policies as you deem appropriate and required
- HR administration duties
- Coordinating and organising meetings
- Booking transport and accommodation/travel for directors
- Organising company events and conferences
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports
- Managing office budgets
- Liaising closely with staff, suppliers and clients
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date
- Acting as mental health first aider to support all staff as a positive workplace mentor/coach
The business is a close team, with a distinct culture which all members of the team are proud and protective of. This newly created role therefore requires a collaborative and integrative approach and would suit an experienced HR professional with previous experience working in a growing, creative, entrepreneurial business.
You will likely be CIPD qualified and will have strong demonstrable HR experience across the areas listed above, with previous experience in a managerial role advantageous. Broader operations/office management/business management experience is of real value, although this role will be moulded around the successful individual and therefore attitudinal approach and culture fit are of primary importance.
You will have experience of designing and executing business improvement projects from an HR perspective, and will have positive ideas around employee engagement and employee relations work, whilst enjoying taking a proactive coaching & mentoring position to share your expertise for the benefit of your colleagues and fellow employees/business.
This role will come with the following remuneration and benefits:
- Strong salary package, flexible dependant on experience and built for the right person
- Potential Bonus opportunity
- 8% Pension (includes 3% employer contribution)
- Holiday entitlement 28 days
- 37.5 hour week
- Glasgow city centre location
- Creative and innovative culture
- Part of the senior team of the business, offering a real platform to influence & help shape positive direction of the company
- Opportunity to work closely with a great leadership team, and talented team of professionals throughout the business
If this sounds like something that appeals to you, and you believe you have the professional HR and Operational experience detailed above, then we would love to hear from you.
For more information please contact our Retained Recruitment Partner - Barry Lee, Director at Pertemps.PLEASE NOTE: All 3rd party, agency, and direct applications will be sent to Barry Lee of Pertemps for potential inclusion in the longlisting process.
Pertemps highly experienced Permanent Recruitment team specialise in identifying, sourcing and providing you with attractive and aspirational permanent job opportunities for your next career step.
We are engaged by many of the leading Private and Public Sector organisations across Scotland to secure the very best talent across a range of skill sets, professions and specialisms.
Our industry specific recruitment experts are delighted to be available to you to provide exclusive job opportunities, market advice, personalised insights and to inform and support you throughout your career journey, no matter what stage you may be at. We would love to hear from you.