Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you’ll be doing
As a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Driver, you will be an ambassador for Thames Water out on the road, where you will ensure that our values are upheld, and you will be driven to provide first-class customer service – you will truly be the face of Thames Water. You will work as part of the Logistic Delivery team which operates a new fleet of state-of-the-art Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers, and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work.
We’re looking for you to
- 45 hours per week, Monday-Sunday, Rota of 2 weeks days then 2 weeks nights
- Rotating pattern 5 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off
- This position is based at Farnham, but we also have the following sites: Bracknell, Basingstoke, Newbury, Oxford, Rickmansworth, Ryemeads, Twickenham
- Full training and excellent wider benefits package
What’s in it for you?
- Have experience as a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Driver
- Be happy working on a rotational shift pattern including days and nights
- Have no more than 6 penalty points and no DR or IN convictions on your licence
- Hold a full driver CPC and a valid Driver Tachograph card
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of Transport Law and the Road Traffic Act
- Have working knowledge of Drivers Hours‘ rules and Working Time regulations
Due to the expansion of Thames Water’s Transport, Fleet and Logistics team, we have several new opportunities for Class 1 and 2 HGV Drivers to join us on our journey. These roles include working on a rotational shift pattern which will be discussed further with you.
We can offer you the opportunity to upskill to Class 1, along with upskilling to become a multi-skilled, multi-disciplined part of our team, extra shifts and overtime along with a highly competitive salary and leading benefits package.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we’re moving to a hybrid approach where we’ll provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water