Salary: £17,000 - £21,000
Hours: This is ideally a full time post, however 4 days week may be considered
Pertemps Accountancy and finance division are now recruiting for a well-established, thriving accountancy practice based on the outskirts of York.
• Prepare and process weekly/monthly payroll for clients using Sage 50 payroll.
• Ensure compliance with starter and leaver paperwork.
• Ensuring compliance with pension auto enrolment for all companies and employees.
• Manage HMRC communications including RTI, dealing with queries and enquiries relating to payroll.
• CIS returns.
• Processing statutory payments, i.e. SSP, SMP etc. and attachment/deduction of earnings.
• Preparation and submission of payroll year end.
• Benefits in Kind and P11ds.
• Liaising with HMRC.
• Keep an accurate record of time spent on each individual job, recording any relevant issues or queries.
• Accurately maintain and update manual and computerised records.
• Be responsible to, and pass on referrals and enquiries made by phone, email, post and in person, to the relevant person.
• Actively network and promote the company services in a positive manner.
• Attend training, as required, to develop relevant knowledge skills.
• Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
• Attend team meetings to develop ideas for progressing the business.
• Carry out any other duties appropriate to the post.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a positive outlook and a clear focus on accuracy. someone who naturally assesses their own performance, shows initiative, with a mature and credible outlook. This position would suit someone who would be at ease in the presence of colleagues and clients, an empathic communicator and able to see all points of view, tolerant but confident in expressing constructive opinions, keen for new experiences and responsibilities and be an enthusiastic team player
Specific Job Skills:
• Experience of working in a busy office environment.
• Accurate IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office programmes.
• Have experience in Sage 50 payroll systems.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal sensitively and diplomatically with a range of clients, colleagues and secure information.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide a professional and courteous service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Efficient personal organisation and time-management skills; able to use own initiative.
• Willing to occasionally work outside regular office hours if and when required.
• Willing to be involved in other general office tasks, including answering the telephone etc. as required.
If you are interested in the position, click apply now!