Permanent opportunity has arisen for a Toolroom Supervisor at a Redditch based Spring Manufacturing company. Close to Redditch town center and easily commutable from surrounding areas. Working on a day shift, with an early finish every Friday and onsite parking available to employees.
Manufacturing Springs for a range of industries including Aerospace/Defense and Automotive with 13 worldwide locations supplying snap-rings, wire forms, clips and clamps to their respective industries.
The Toolroom supervisor will make or improve different types of tools to enable the production processes to be as efficient as possible. This may include jigs, fixtures, clamps or moulds to obtain a more robust consistently produced part that meets the specification of the customer. Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the team. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
Key Responsibilities of the Toolroom Supervisor:
- Manage and develop a high performing tool room team meeting agreed objectives
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Using 2D and 3D CAD/CAM
- Attending machine breakdowns to identify the root cause and solve the problem
- Routine servicing of tools
- Quality Inspection using measuring equipment & gauges
Qualifications or Experience required:
- Manufacturing Background, ideally automotive
- EDM experience this must be wire eroding
- Previous experience of toolmaking
- Hands on approach to problem solving
- Understanding of TS16949 and ISO 14001
In return there is the chance to join a very successful company on a permanent basis, who are looking to offer a salary of £35k p/a for a Toolroom Supervisor. If you would like to be considered please click 'Apply'.