An opportunity has arisen to join a leading manufacturer of automated machinery. The requirement is for a skilled fitter to assemble and build special purpose machinery to a high standard.
To assist in the mechanical assembly and fitting of special purpose machine tools. Parts are pre-fabricated and issued in 'kit' form. Candidates are expected to possess the ability to follow engineering drawings and instructions in order to assemble machinery as specified. There is also the expectation that candidates should possess suitable experience to be able to select and use appropriate fasteners, modify parts as required and be able to manufacture basic brackets or fixtures if required.
- Suitable apprenticeship or qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline (desirable)
- Proven mechanical fitting experience
- Knowledge of special purpose machine build highly advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic manual machining skills (Lathe, Pillar Drills)
- Possession of own basic hand tools
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible working approach
In return there is the chance to join a highly respected manufacturer, who has a strong global presence, and the backing of a large multi-national group. Their output is consistently increasing and as such this opportunity represents a stable and long term career move for the successful candidate.
The salary is based on a figure of £10 - £12.50 per hour dependant on experience. In addition overtime working is paid in addition at a premium rate, working hours are Mon - Thurs 8 - 5, Fri 8 - 1. The role would suit someone from a machine tool room.