Welder / Fitter
Temporary to Permanent
£8.00 to £10.00 per hour dependant on experience
Immediate vacancy for an experienced welder with suitable mechanical fitting / assembly skills to join a successful manufacturer of special purpose equipment.
The role will include:
- Aligning / fabricating parts for assembly using jigs in line with drawings
- MIG welding of components
- Building component parts for stock,
- Making jig / fixtures to improve assembly of parts.
To be considered for the position, candidates should be capable of displaying the following skills:
- Competent MIG welding ability with mild steel
- Suitable mechanical fitting / assembly skills
- The ability to follow engineering drawings and technical instructions
- Previous use of abrasive wheels
- Any jig or fixture making experience would be an advantage
In return, there is the opportunity to join a thriving local manufacturing company. Some elements of the role will be repetitive, but there will be an opportunity for a keen individual to develop their skills and have input into improving the manufacturing processes.
The position is offered on a temporary to permanent basis working from 07:30 to 17:30 Mon to Thursday only.
If you are interested in the position please send your CV to 'firstname.lastname@example.org', call Phill at Pertemps on 01562 549000 or click to apply.