Desktop Engineer – West Midlands
3 Months Temp Contract (Immediate Start)
Circa £18 P/H (Inside IR35)
A public sector organisation in Birmingham is currently seeking an experienced Desktop Engineer to maintain and support their local IT services for a period of four months. With a strong knowledge of Windows 10, Hardware Support and Service Request Provisioning the successful Desktop Engineer will also be responsible for:
• Setting up new users, printers and general system administration to ensure access to all networked servers and systems.
• Imaging new laptops, Microsoft surfaces & desktops, Apple devices
• Handling disconnects & re-connects in addition to moves
• Troubleshooting problems as well as developing and implementing solutions.
• Monitor the performance of desktop PCs and associated services to ensure reliability.
The ideal Desktop Engineer will possess:
• Experience providing 2nd line support to users/ floorwalking
• Microsoft Office 2010 and MS Outlook (Exchange) Client experience.
• Experience working with Active Directory and Exchange 2016.
• Experience within a complex desktop support environment.
• Extensive experience of troubleshooting desktop support issues, both routine and unique, from initial problem analysis through to implementation of solutions is essential.
Please note, as this role is inside IR35, the Desktop Engineer will be required to work through an umbrella company.
If this role is of interest or you wish to obtain more information, please APPLY or get in contact with Justin Price