Pertemps specialist division are working with a leading construction company to recruit a CPCS Appointed Person to add to their growing team.
The successful candidates will be expected to manage, direct and coordinate all activities on the site they are responsible for relating to the delivery of the lifting operation and Client Standard which will include:
Skills & Experience Required
- Creation of Lift Plans
- Compiling of risk assessments
- Writing method statements
- Liaising with the Client's management teams to build sustainable relationships ensuring the lines of communication are kept open and frequent.
- The assessment of the lifting operation to provide such planning, selection of cranes (when required), lifting gear and equipment, instruction and supervision as is necessary for the task to be undertaken safely.
- Ensuring that statutory tests, thorough examinations and weekly inspections have been carried out and the necessary registers and certificates are completed.
- Ensuring routine inspection and maintenance as required by the crane manual is undertaken.
- Ensuring all necessary safe working procedures are implemented as required.
- Ensuring all special or unusual lifts are personally supervised, engineering input obtained where necessary, and that the weight and load distribution of the load is accurately known.
- Assessing any local dangers, i.e. overhead power cables etc.
- Hold a valid Blue CPCS card
- Have at least 3 years' experience within in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Work well as part of a team and be commercially aware
- Must be computer literate
If this sounds like something of interest, please click Apply below.