Business Development Consultant. We are recruiting for a Business Development Consultant to join a large organisation that works with clients on a national and international level, with a modern office environment and great career prospects.
As a Business Development Consultant you will work closely with a range of clients and generate new business by contacting prospect companies explaining the full range of products and services that the company has to offer.
To be successful, you will need to have a strong track record in administration, business to business experience and proven experience of influencing and negotiation. You must have strong Excel and Microsoft office experience.
• Identify target clients and revenue opportunities and manage their portfolio, providing excellent customer service.
• Develop and maintain relationships with identified customers on the telephone and/or face to face, to build loyalty and increase repeat business.
• Respond to in-coming customer enquiries, qualify customer needs, lead and convert the business.
• Contact and qualify leads generated through strategic new business initiatives.
• Consult with key stakeholders (internal and external) to identify, sell and manage the appropriate solution to meet the customers' needs.
• Gather and collate targeted information to support tender responses in order to meet the overall tender specification.
As a successful Business Development Consultant you will have:
• Excellent telephone manner and face to face sales experience.
• Business to Business experience within an office environment (B2B)
• Proven experience of working within a fast paced and highly targeted sales team environment, including working to individual and team targets for revenue and sales performance.
• Experience of using CRM (or equivalent) database systems to record and track sales performance and order processing.
This is a full time position of, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Starting salary of £22,000 - £23,500 on an upward sliding scale dependant on experience. There is also a commission structure on top of your basic salary. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
The office is close to the train station and bus stops. Residential parking and council car parks are also available. This role is commutable from Plymouth, Saltash, Liskeard, Tavistock and Launceston.
If you are interested in the role and feel you fit the criteria required, please click apply today for your chance to be considered or contact Natasha at the Pertemps Plymouth office to fast track your application.
Key words: Business Development Consultant, Business Development, BDM, BD, Recruitment