PCB Test Technician required for reputable Plymouth based Head Office, due to promotion of their current worker to one of their Development team. The purpose of the role is to diagnose, repair and test of PCB assemblies, meeting defined standards, quality and schedule requirements.
As an innovator of secure technologies, my client is a recognised world leader in the manufacture of cash protection systems and asset tracking security. Since 1985 their British engineering has protected clients' cash against loss and their people from harm. Operating in over 30 countries worldwide, their products are the smart protection systems of choice for major companies in the security cash-in-transit, banking and retail sectors.
Working as part of a small experienced and professional team you will be required to coordinate PCB Test workload priorities to achieve and meet production schedules and quality targets. You will rework both leaded and surface mount fine pitch components, hand assemble prototype through-hole and surface mount PCB's and the modification and upgrade of PCB's.
• Test a wide range of PCB's from our sub-contractor, before they get fitted into Product.
• They are mixed technology, with Surface mount and through hole components, some PCB's are densely populated.
• A Technician could be testing PCB's or fault finding and repairing, down to component level.
• Faulty PCB's also get returned from Production, that require fault finding and repairing.
• The test solutions are in-house built, ranging from one button press test solutions, through to more mandrolic solutions where test equipment and computer programmes are required.
• The range of equipment a technician may be required to use includes Digital Multi meters and Oscilloscopes.
• Test procedures and Circuit diagrams are available for testing and fault finding.
To be successful in this role you will have an ONC (BTEC level 3) or higher in an Electronic Engineering subject or similar subject with proven experience in Electronics Engineering and product functional test or electronic equipment manufacturing/support environments. You will be working as part of a fairly small core team of 4.
Benefits include 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays with an increase for each year of service (hours to be retained for Christmas shut down) and Westfield Health following a probation period.
If you think that you are the ideal candidate for this role please click apply and to fast track your application and have a telephone consultation please call Joanne Gardner at the Pertemps branch on Mayflower Street, Plymouth.
This vacancy is being handled by Joanne, Branch Manager and Manufacturing Specialist at Pertemps Plymouth who is currently responsible for recruiting all Manufacturing and Engineering Workers. Joanne has been working in the recruitment industry for 11 years and prides herself on working with her applicants and client companies to find the right people for the right job every time.
Keywords: engineering, manufacturing, factory, production, electronics, ONC, BTEC Level 3, engineer, PCB, repair, tests, assemble,