My client is a globally recognised engineering and management consultancy firm who employee over 13,000 staff across some 40 countries. They have been involved with some of the most iconic buildings and projects across the globe and are committed to creating sustainable and long–term solutions to their customers and society. They are looking for a Head of UK Finance & Accounting to join their busy team in London. As part of the new Support Organisation project, the successful candidate will be reporting to the Global head of Finance and Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing all month end closing responsibilities making sure all deliverables met to deadline in UK Finance & Accounting, Regional Finance & Accounting centre and the company Service Centre including providing responsibility for financial reporting notes
• Responsibility for UK VAT and Corporation tax compliance and overseas tax involvement as required (includes branches and overseas subs)
• Responsible year end reporting, including managing the audit and statutory accounts completion, review and approval
• Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations completed to deadline and appropriate actions taken. (Service Centre & UK)
• Provide UK Time & Expenses expenditure analysis to ensure compliance and manage cost
• Responsible for all UK support functions monthly cost control reporting & analysis including managing UK stakeholders and working collaboratively with group global support functions
• As the UK technical accounting specialist, manage and provide advice the business
• Manage cash flow forecasting, weekly and monthly reporting, headroom and exposure including FX exposure. Manage relationship with UK and group treasury and controlling banking access and approving local bank payments
• Responsible for monthly working capital reporting and all balance sheet analysis
• Ensure global policies and controls are in place, implemented and complied with locally
• Driving continuous improvement working with global counterparts
• Monitoring performance and effectiveness of the Service Centre and driving continuous improvement
• Member of the global Finance & Accounting management team driving global process standardisation and optimisation
• Supporting the Financial Director with analysis required for Board /other meetings
• Providing ad hoc financial support and analysis as required including projects to the UK Business
If you think this exciting opportunity is the next step for you then please contact us ASAP!
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Contact Lawrence Molyneux via phone 0207 430 5570