£39338 per annum
Would you like to work for a worldwide architect company based in London?
Are you looking for a progressive Accounts Payable role?
My client is looking for a Payables Accountant to manage the full AP process while also assisting the Finance Manager with month end processes.
Duties will include:
• Record and file all incoming invoices from suppliers
• Ensure all supplier invoices in both GBP and foreign currencies are appropriately approved and recorded on the accounting system
• Respond to all enquiries from suppliers and staff to resolve invoice, expense and supplier queries
• Maintain control of expense claims submitted by staff
• Maintain leases schedules
• Co-ordinate regular payment runs for suppliers, sub consultants and employee expenses
• Set up payments, and issue remittances, following up on any queries raised
• Electronic filing of all invoices after payment
• Review and report payables on a weekly basis, feeding into a rolling cash flow forecast
• Review and reconcile payables at each month-end, including exchange rate revaluation where appropriate
• Full control of GBP and foreign currency cash requests and petty cash reconciliation
• Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
• Ensure all intra-group payables are fully reconciled in real time
• Liaising with department heads regarding individual budgets and spend to date
• Assisting with the preparation of Management accounts, calculating and posting monthly accruals and prepayments
• Assisting FC with bi-monthly and quarterly VAT returns and resolving VAT related queries
• Reconciliations and ad hoc reporting as required for annual audit
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally and externally
• Organised with good time management
• Desire to change and improve processes
• Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, integrity and attention to detail
• Ability to be flexible and assist the department in other areas during busy periods
• Previous Accounts Payable experience of 2 years is required
• Intermediate to advanced excel knowledge
• Understanding of double entry accounting
If you are ready to make your next big career move and you feel you meet the requirements above, please apply immediately as my client is looking to interview without delay.
Please contact Amie McGlynn directly on 0203 657 6972 or email your CV to email@example.com
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.