Our client is looking for an assistant financial accountant who is confident and personable, to provide support to their finance team. The successful candidate will ensure that the financial statements are prepared to statutory and regulatory standards; and to act as an authoritative source of advice on accounting principles for both companies and charities.
You will be responsible for financial accounting, financial processing, statutory accounts, and financial returns to funding bodies and other agencies.
- Be an active and supportive member of the finance office team, providing guidance and support to other team members as and when required
- Be proactive in identifying and recommending changes to current financial practices, procedures and systems within the finance function which are likely to lead to improved efficiencies and/or a more effective service
- Undertake month end and year-end processes to support the Financial Accountant in the preparation of the annual financial statements and report
- Ensure that BACS payments to creditors and other payees are processed accurately and on a timely basis
- Undertake monthly reconciliations of the bank accounts and ensure that any outstanding issues are resolved on a timely basis
- Assist the Financial Accountant in the preparation and submission of VAT returns to HMRC
- Process journals in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support to the Financial Accountant relating to the administration of the company’s insurance policies and claims
- Maintain all payroll related financial records and reconciliations
- Maintain an asset register that accurately reflects the assets held by the company and the depreciation charge for the month and year
- Administer the petty cash in line with the procedures laid out in the company’s financial regulations and the financial procedures
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual national statistical returns as required
We are looking for a newly qualified or a finalist with at least 3 years’ experience of working in a busy finance office.
You will have:
- Ability to work accurately, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and identify opportunities for implementing improvements in processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with budget holders and other users who may not have a financial background
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.