Be the light that helps others see. Help shape the future of global energy. Work for the UK's leading purchaser of renewable energy! This is a glowing opportunity not to be missed.
The role of the Internal Control Manager will assist in delivery of risk-based audit reviews across all areas of the business on effectiveness of internal controls. You will be hands-on supporting a broad range of controls testing across both operational and financial systems for delivery of the annual audit plan. The role will assist in identifying business risks across the Company and will provide valuable input towards continuous development of the group's risk control framework. Your internal audit experience and knowledge will be combined with a good understanding of the company's business model, to design effective control testing, which will enable to draw audit conclusions and identify control gaps.
In partnership with departmental control owners of audited units, you will seek remediation to issues identified. This can be by exploring possible solutions and following through for implementation of improved business controls, driven either through process changes and/or system improvements. You will engage with stakeholders in championing for continuous improvement in governance, risk management and sharing of best financial practices and compliance with group policies and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• To assist Head of Internal Control and Audit, in test execution support on identified risk-based controls, as scheduled within annual internal audit plan
• Perform risk-based internal audit reviews, ensuring that reviews focus on the design and effectiveness of systems, processes and internal controls
• To provide input into development and update of Risk Control Framework for improved documentation
• Support the Head of Internal Control and Audit on improving business controls on process and systems, by closure of control gaps identified from audited activities
• Develop a good understanding of end-to-end processes and systems in business life cycle of different products, for assessment and identification of key risks for updates to Risk Control Framework
• To support J-SOX audit from Group, by review and update of Risk Controls Matrix for the understanding for auditors
• To provide sample audit evidences for J-SOX audit, as described in the Risk Control Matrix for testing purposes
• Follow up with department on tracking of previous recommendations from internal controls monitoring to ensure that appropriate actions are taken to resolve weaknesses
• To assist in addressing any issues raised by external auditors in a management letters. Following up on control deficiencies and work with departments on realistic risk mitigating actions and control options.
• To educate and raise awareness to non-finance staff of key controls required to manage and mitigate high risks that can occur when inaccurate, unreliable and uncomplete data for Financial Reporting
• To assist with Ad-Hoc Audit Projects that may arise from business decisions, Customer assurance needs and industry changes
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIA), with the ability to articulate clearly and concisely on audit plans and control testing requirements. You'll have demonstrable experience of internal audits of companies in the past including walk-throughs of business processes for data integrity.
Other skills and knowledge to include:
• Organises and plans on timely manner for effective and efficient audit field work execution
• Grasps a good understanding for both existing and new processes and system dependencies, available from documentation and participation in stakeholder meetings
• Deploys effective inter-personal skills to manage relationships with departmental control owners, and employees of sub-teams within the department
• Influences key stakeholders to initiate an operating environment with robust procedures
• Current operational knowledge of audit methods and practices to test controls, ascertain key controls and evaluate business risks
• Appreciates and recognises use of bespoke system platforms supporting Sales, Trading, Risk Reporting, Billing and Accounting functions
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.