The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves!
Our client is looking for a talented, dedicated and enthusiastic financial controller with at least 5 years' experience. You will support the business and finance team by using initiative, accuracy and attention to detail to manage and run all day-to-day financial matters and processes.
This is an interim opportunity based in London reporting directly to the Divisional CFO.
The primary deliverables of this role are:-
• Establishing new business procedures required to meet business and statutory reporting
• Team development with the ultimate aim of developing a structure and team across management accountants
• Working collaboratively with the CFO and business partners to ensure the integrity of the accounts and handle all financial reporting
Your main responsibilities will include:-
• Manage, mentor and develop team (6 management accountants at different levels of experience)
• Oversee month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes for the full portfolio
• Model and oversee the administration of incentive schemes in the portfolio whilst keeping consistency with the rest of the Division
• Set up and support balance sheet reviews
• Implementation and ongoing improvement of accounting and reporting processes
• Maintain relationships with Group Finance central services
• Manage and control all financial reporting and processes with an aim to drive consistency, efficiency and simplicity
• Support the annual budget process and owning the consolidation of budgets and preparing budget presentations
• When required, carry out financial due diligence on any potential M&A activity and provide financial analysis on disposals
• Review and sign off all monthly balance sheet reconciliations – responsible for overall trial balance
• Lead internal and external auditors and implement the conclusions to ensure standard methodologies and a clean audit report
• Review and sign off all general ledger bookings
The role will require the candidate to proactively collaborate across both the Division and the Company including cooperation with a Financial Transformation Project and Internal Audit.
• Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with strong financial accounting experience and managerial skills
• Experience in divisional reporting structure in a large multinational company
• Strong knowledge of UK and US GAAP and IFRS
• Technical competence in finance systems
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.