Don't miss out on this opportunity to be working for one of the most successful companies and most recognised brands in the UK! My client is a leader in the personal power category and has a rich history of innovation. This highly acquisitive organisation is continuing to focus on sustainable growth, industry-leading innovation and creating long-term value for its customers and consumers.
This role is a high profile position within the finance department and you will work with the wider finance team to support the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Management Accounting: Owns/leads end to end accounting and the timely, quality, with perspective preparation of the company's monthly accounts. Collects data; analyses, investigates and follows up variances to drive resolution; calculates accruals/prepayments; issues -invoices, prepares inter-company accruals and inter-company reconciliation; clears GR/IR account, analyses cost centres and profit centres movements; manages the Fixed Asset register; reconciles and posts journals in line with internal control requirements; leads the company's month/quarter/year-end financial close. Prepares and reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations with management. Owns consolidation of open items and drives active resolution.
• Financial Accounting: Owns timely, accurate and compliant statutory & tax reporting obligations. Complies with state tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings. Obligations include VAT, Intrastat, ESL, deferred tax assets calculations, corporate tax reporting, P11d preparation, Statutory financial statements and Senior Accounting Officer Package.
• Stewardship/Controls: Leads implementation, training and the organisation's adherence to Standard Practice Instructions, Decision Authority and Sarbanes Oxley. Ensures that processes are followed in compliance, financial and SOX documentation is maintained in an up to date manner. Leads the preparation and coordination of internal and external audits. Follows through potential audit findings and ensures implementation of mitigation plans.
• Payments: Supports the weekly payment planning process (F110, manual payments, T&E, I/C), secures approval in line with Decision Authority and ensures smooth payment operations. Supports the clearing of bank concentration accounts and AP/AR ledgers after manual payments. Supports the preparation and reconciliation of inter-company netting transactions, including potential FX movements. Supports the short term cash-flow planning mainly focusing on the next 2-4 weeks' inflows and outflows.
• Min 7 years of financial and management accounting experience. End to end view of a goods distribution company
• Fully qualified ACCA or CPA with Bachelor's degree in Finance & Accounting
• Mastery in Excel and working experience with SAP are a must
• Self-motivated individual with exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced tight deadline environment, with close and remote teamwork
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.