My client is a major online grocery retailer based in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
As the Balance Sheet Analyst, you will be responsible for controlling the Group’s balance sheet reconciliation process, preparing a monthly balance sheet reporting pack for the Financial Controller and presenting a summary balance sheet review to a senior finance audience that includes the CFO.
You will assist the Group Reporting team with reporting of the balance sheet and related notes at half year and full year and will liaise with the external auditors on any queries arising.
You will also be responsible for supporting and developing the fixed assets team and will participate in a number of ad hoc projects supporting the growth of the business.
Role Responsibilities include:
• Participate in projects supporting the rapidly growing business, driving improvements to accounting and reporting processes that support the growth of the business
• Lead the balance sheet review process, driving improvements in efficiency and quality
• Assist the Financial Reporting & Analysis team with preparation of high quality balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepare the Group reporting balance sheet reconciliations
• Maintain detailed documentation of the Group’s balance sheet reporting processes
• Prepare Monthly Balance Sheet pack with high quality variance analysis and commentary
• Prepare and present a Balance Sheet Review presentation to the senior finance team
• Support ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial controls
• Supervise and support the Fixed Asset reporting team and projects relating to this area
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Qualified ACA with 1+ years PQE
• Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
• Competent Microsoft Word user
• Some experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials)
• Experience using Hyperion (Planning and Budgeting)
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.