We are currently recruiting for a major media firm based in London they are looking for a Project Accountant to join their fast growing Finance team.
The project accountant provides project teams with financial and administrative support on a day to day basis. The project accountant produces financial analysis and works closely with the finance team, focusing on purchase order and invoicing matching and sales forecasting.
• Dealing with various queries relating to Purchase Requisitions and Orders while noting and resolving issues
• Reviewing the missing timesheet report and preparing a list of persons with missing timesheets and submitting list to Senior Management team to action.
• Dealing with timesheet queries.
• Determining billable and non billable CSAP projects and maintaining contracts through CSAP
• Providing CCF and PE documents for Intercompany reporting
• Providing detailed job analysis along with COS and sales forecasts
• Assisting Project Accounting Manager, other finance team members and shared service center when needed
• Reconciling costs from PROCIM to CSAP on a weekly basis and ensuring that the necessary adjustments are made within 24 hours of reconciliation.
• Ensure that the Project Forecast Gross Margin and Gross Profit is not less than the Budgeted Gross Margin and Gross Profit.
• Forecast potential revenue losses or gains
• Ensure that any potential cost overruns are communicated on a timely basis to the Project Owner, and in turn to the Project Accounting Manager for review.
• Managing foreign exchange movements on budgets
Key working relationships
• Project managers/team, HODs, finance team, key suppliers and clients
Professional/technical competencies essential to the job
• Strong financial background
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
• Persistent in obtaining answers to queries as needed
• Thorough and methodical
• Excel skills
• SAP experience a plus
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible!