We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment!
We are currently working with a leading travel management firm based in Central London. With offices across the globe they specialise in providing travel packages and experiences to full travel arrangements. This is a great opportunity to gain some excellent high end international experience.
You will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller for Central Europe, Germany, Austria and Switzerland (CEU). This role is pivotal in ensuring the workflow and relationships between the UK and Romanian Finance offices run smoothly.
Responsible for the day to day operational supervision and direction of a team of 5 staff located remotely in the Romania office, specifically in reviewing and challenging this team's output and to ensure all regular accounting transactions are effected in a timely and accurate fashion.
What you're accountable for?
• Involvement with the direction, performance development and regular review of the outputs of the relevant Romania Finance team, as directed by the FC
• Monitor against any KPIs set for out-based teams and to be a continual challenge to their processes and outputs so as to look for further enhancement
• Responsible for the production of the monthly profit and loss reports and for contribution to this process by preparing and posting journals then analysing results in accordance with the month-end task-list
• In-depth problem solving on balance sheet codes as required
• Intercompany reconciliation review, including work with foreign currency
• Review and authorisation of all other month end reconciliations as prepared by the Romania team and to be in line with CSA and ICS compliance
• Running of month end Accounting and Tax Depreciation procedures where relevant
• Input on monthly tax accrual calculations as directed by the FC
• Involvement in annual tax returns including liaising with Auditors and senior staff
• Involvement in the production of financial statements and other financial statutory reporting requirements
• Participation in half and year end audits
• VAT returns for CEU countries
• Continued improvement of departmental reporting needs
• Assisting with the Budgets and intermediary forecasting as required
You will have:
• Strong knowledge of accounting processes, as well as an understanding of the importance of data accuracy and integrity
• Experience in Accounts department important, preferably in more than one role
• Highly proficient user of MS Office, including Excel, Outlook, Word
• Prior experience in supervising staff is essential
• Prior experience in retail accounting environment with large volume of transactions is preferred
• Good operating knowledge of DTM, CODA and Cognos Reporting necessary
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.