Food glorious food! Here's a tasty prospect you can sink your teeth into.
My client is a fast growing high end hospitality company with a portfolio of over 70 restaurants across the UK. With an exciting future ahead, they are now looking to expand their finance team. The successful candidate must be ready for an environment in which they are constantly trying to improve and constantly working to support the business as it takes on new opportunities.
The Cash & Banking Manager is a key member of the finance team. They will report into the Senior Finance accountant who heads up the transactional side of the finance team. They will be responsible for managing all aspects of the cash cycle/sales ledger to ensure that information/transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for updating the short term/long term cash forecast on a daily/monthly basis
• Responsible for working with the Accounts Payable manager to ensure that all mid-month/end of month payments are accurately reflected in the cash forecast
• Liaising with the property team to ensure that all property costs are accurately forecast from a cash perspective
• Involved in weekly/monthly cash forecast reviews with the Senior Finance Accountant/Financial Controller
• Responsible for preparing bank/cash book/sales ledger reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis
• Cash/credit card reconciliations at individual restaurant level and variance analysis/follow-up
• Cash float reconciliations and variance analysis/follow-up
• Cash collection supplier (i.e. G4S) reconciliations/analysis for each restaurant. The cash and banking manager is also responsible for ensuring that payments are authorised and processed in a timely manner
• Responsible for importing and reconciling restaurants sales on a weekly basis – for both online and instore restaurant sales
• Responsible for preparing all sales invoices (i.e. pre-orders, third-party venues, etc.)
• Responsible for ensuring sales ledger is accurate, and closed in a timely manner during period end process
• Manage the PCI compliance audit process on an annual basis with third-party auditors
• Main point of contact for restaurants for all cash and banking queries
We are looking for a smart, driven and commercially-minded individual who enjoys a challenge, prides themselves on being a team player and will seek to improve upon the status quo.
We want someone who is smart, confident, and vocal, while being able to manage upwards and juggle differing priorities.
In addition we are also looking for the following:
• Minimum 12 months experience in a cash handling/control environment
• Experience working with SAGE is advantageous but not crucial
• Ability to work with various stakeholders, and large volumes of invoices/payments
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident, meticulous, precise, self-starter, professional
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.