The art of communication is the language of leadership! We currently have an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding stakeholder communications organisation. These guys have worked with stellar clients from all over the world – some of which include huge corporations such as British Airways, Burberry, DeBeers, HSBC, and more.
We’re looking for an ambitious and commercially savvy Group Financial Controller to lead and improve the full range of Financial, Commercial, Legal and Company Secretarial activities for the Group.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for all management and financial reporting in the business
• Provide accurate, relevant and timely MI to the Board and Team Leaders to ensure that areas of the business under their control can be properly managed
• Prepare the Group budget annually and review company performance via management accounts and Bluesky against set targets
• Ensure that all financial controls are in place across the company so to eliminate financial risk and loss
• Continually review finance processes to ensure they are efficient and up to date and find ways to automate and streamline work practices and processes
Commercial performance and risk management:
• Optimise long term profitability by reviewing and evolving the pivotal components of this including resource strategies, pricing strategies, leverage and profitability models
• Negotiate and manage the company insurance portfolio to ensure that risks are mitigated
• Oversee the development of commercial analysis and reporting by enhancing the usefulness of management information provided to the commercial decision makers
• Manage the risk of contractual agreements by ensuring that we negotiate favourable terms in line with our insurance policies with all of our clients
• Oversee and manage all information and data security requirements for the financial and legal functions and ensure the business remains compliant with all statutory regulations
Tax & Legal:
• Liaise with the Company’s professional advisors (e.g. bankers, lawyers, insurers) as required assessing their advice and making suitable recommendations to the CEO how best to proceed
• Ensure that the Company’s and Director’s operations and transactions are tax-efficient and investigate ways to reduce these liabilities further
• Monitor relevant Tax and Company legislation to ensure compliance
• Responsible for all statutory requests and filings, including but not limited to VAT, corporation tax, and Companies House returns on a timely basis
• Maintain responsibility for all Company Secretarial duties, including organisation of Board Meetings, management of the Partner Programme, shareholder transactions, the Memorandum and Articles of Association, and other statutory returns
• Attend and proactively contribute and add value to Company Board meetings and all Operational Meetings
• Ensure good governance processes are in place and effective, including periodic reviews of all commercial relationships with clients and suppliers
• Overall accountability for managing the effective and efficient delivery of work
• Leading the team by providing mentoring and development and ensuring that they are well trained and highly motivated through delivery of agreed objectives and performance reviews
Strategic planning and development:
• Work with the CEO and the Board to develop the annual business plan to deliver on the agreed strategic objectives in preparation for possible sale of the business
• Develop the dashboard and MI to enable the Board to measure progress against agreed objectives and KPIS
Your skills and experience:
• An ambitious, commercially minded, strategic Finance expert with a “hands on” and “can do” approach to work
• Experience of working in, or working with, small/medium-sized companies, and who has the potential to assume the role of Finance Director in the near future
• Academically strong and with a Chartered Accountancy qualification, preferably from within the Big 4, and extensive experience working within the Professional Services or Marcomms sectors
• Demonstrable strong leadership and management skills with a track record of effectively leading, mentoring and developing a successful Finance team
• Strong Financial background and business acumen along with an ability to make a contribution towards the strategic development of the business
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally
• A versatile personality with good problem solving skills and an eye for detail combined with sound numerical and presentation skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.