We are currently working with a financial organisation to find a Finance Associate.
The purpose of this role is to assist with day to day accounting including but not limited to, month end reporting, annual audit, day to day payments to vendors, internal reporting, budgeting and forecasting, monthly reconciliations and system improvement.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Approve day to day payments and manage cashflow
• Reconciling monthly balance sheet accounts
• Perform varied analysis activities that require evaluation, originality and ingenuity in solving problems or making decisions
• Preparing month end journals including working with HR for payroll, liaising with Hong Kong and US associations for intercompany transactions/loans and other general month end transactions
• Prepare monthly reporting packages that provide a thorough insight into the key areas of the business to help management make more informed decisions
• Working with internal stakeholders for forecasting
• Preparation and reconciliation of European/UK VAT filings with various EU Vat authorities
• Balance sheet reviews/audit prep
• Be a strong contributor for the co-ordination of the yearly audits, including preparation of audit schedules and reconciling full trial balance
• Preparation of annual budgeting including liaising with internal stakeholder to collate information
• Develop a broad understanding of the work carried out to help them with financial strategy and growth (preparing 3-year strategy plans)
• Regular interaction with management and staff and business support (banks, auditors, tax advisors, VAT advisors)
• System implementation (build transparent reporting and dashboards for non-accounting staff including training)
• Ad Hoc analysis as required by the business/board
Your skills and experience will include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance
• Part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA with at least 2 years’ work experience
• Strong analytical skills and detail orientated
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced PC skills, specifically excel, and adaptable with learning new systems
• Knowledge of accounting software and reporting tools
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.