Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance! We are currently working with one of the largest Christian charities within the UK to find a Year End Accountant. This will be a 6 month full time contract.
The purpose of this role is to produce Annual Report for the group and all the relevant subsidiaries. You will be working with the Senior Financial accountant on balance sheet reconciliations in preparation for the Year End.
Your responsibilities will include
• Be accountable for and manage the production of the Year End balance sheet reconciliations for the group and all active subsidiaries
• Oversee the production and posting of Year End accruals and prepayments and all the other Year End adjustments
• Work on Year End DB pension adjustments and disclosures
• Lead the production of statutory accounts and the preparation for and execution of the annual audits the group and its subsidiaries with the support from the Head of Financial Accounting
• Prepare the Corporation Tax calculation and ensure that the companies within the group comply with their Corporation Tax record-keeping and filing requirements
You will be a qualified accountant with relevant key experience in financial accounting.
• Other requirements for this role include:
• Advanced Excel user
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent communicator in writing and verbally
• Customer-focussed attitude
• Able to influence and manage others outside their own management structure
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.