Money, not morality is the principle commerce of civilised nations! This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of London’s oldest banks. A FTSE250 company with a brand new office in South West London and many opportunities within the business this a company that few people want to leave.
This role assists and supports with the preparation of monthly reporting (internally and to the Bank), providing tight financial control over the Balance Sheet, while mitigating risks to the P&L. The successful job holder will also provide accurate and timely statutory reporting and preparation of Treasury regulatory returns as required.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Take responsibility for Balance Sheet and P&L– including month end reviews and balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepare monthly management accounts, including detailed variance analysis and an ability to explain these movements
• Reconcile and review the Treasury inter-company balances for all of the Banks subsidiaries and divisions
• Prepare and own interim and year end reporting to Group (including quarterly FinRep reporting)
• Prepare year end subsidiary statutory accounts
• Jointly own the audit processes (internal and external / statutory and regulatory), ensuring an accurate, efficient and clean audit
• Oversee VAT treatment of income and purchases and preparation of VAT returns
• Oversee the CT61 return to HMRC
• Continually review existing reporting and make/suggest improvements to the quality of information provided
• Provide tight financial control over the Balance Sheet and mitigating any risks to the P&L account
• Own the securitisation structures including statutory Reporting
• Recruit, train and employ high calibre employees within budget, headcount levels and temporary resource requirements
• Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
• Ensure that an effective performance review is operated in line with department guidelines, including setting objectives, personal development planning and performance standards with all direct reports
• Working with the Finance Director and HR Business Partner, develop a culture of performance management, improvement and appraisal as a foundation for excellent organisational performance
• Manage all departmental HR issues including monitoring absenteeism, and managing any capability and disciplinary issues
Your skills and experience:
• ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent. (2/3 years PQE)
• Advanced Excel skills, competent at working with large volumes of data
• Track record of delivering effective reporting under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Demonstratable experience of collaborating with others across functional and geographic boundaries
• Good technical knowledge and an interest in understanding commercial operations and the key drivers of value within the businesses
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.