Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance. We are currently working with an essential fundraising charity to find a Finance Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to run and continually control and improve the Finance function and to produce accounts for both the Trading entity and the Charity entity.
You will be the main finance contact in the organisation and would report to the Director of Finance and Resources. Although there is no immediate requirement for the management of staff, it is possible the role may grow to incorporate supervision of other areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Undertake day to day financial administration. E.g. inputting income and expenditure data onto Xero accounting software
• Review and improve processes e.g. methods for inputting data in Xero system e.g. entering shop sales transactions and nominal journal postings
• Liaise with and obtain financial data from other teams in the business including fundraising department, cash collection staff and shop managers
• Implement and perform balance sheet and bank reconciliation processes
• Review processes for managing month end bank and nominal ledger reconciliation
• Produce timely monthly management accounts and commentary
• Produce reports for and liaise with internal and external stake holders including trustees, CEO, members, supporters and donors
• Review and implement efficient and effective financial control systems for the organisation
• Support the day to day running of the finance department, being flexible to deliver on a range of activities as needed
• Systems knowledge: Implement fund raising MI process including interface with accounting system
• Assist in driving the future strategy of the organisation
• Periodic visits to one of our twelve shops to ensure good practices and processes are in place
We are looking for:
• Part qualified or ideally a finalist
• Experience of producing and managing budgets with diverse income streams and expenditure
• Experience of developing and managing finance systems and of implementing financial policies, processes and controls
• Ability to lead on long-term financial planning and cost analysis that proactively contributes to the strategic direction of an organisation
• Demonstrable motivation and negotiation skills, able to build personal credibility and successful relationships at all levels
• Experience of project management and working with multiple stakeholders
• Experience of managing and developing IT in a small organisation
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.