Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance. We are currently working to find an exceptional Director of Finance and Resources to oversee an outstanding finance department and contribute expertise and energy to their Executive Team. We are looking for a candidate who can provide inspirational leadership and direction in the financial management of this essential fundraising charity.
This is a critical and exciting time for our client, with new leadership in place and a growth plan underway to ensure their sustainability and impact. They are undertaking a brand refresh to reflect their passion and professionalism and to engage new audiences. Crucially, they are developing a new strategy which will offer a step-change in their capacity to change lives.
The Director of Finance and Resources is responsible for all financial management, so this role presents an opportunity for a seasoned charity finance executive looking for a new challenge in an innovative organisation, or an exciting entry to the charity sector for a private sector executive looking to change career and work in a dynamic and high performance organisation. It is a strategic and operational role, leading finance, HR, IT and all office/ organisational management, working closely with the Chief Executive.
Your responsibilities will include:
• As a member of the Executive Team, play a key role in leading and setting the strategic direction for the charity's work
• Set the strategic direction for the charity's finance, human resources, IT and administration functions, ensuring that these are fit for purpose and reflect developments within the wider sector and changes in the regulatory
• Work with the Executive Team to develop and manage a performance framework to deliver the organisational strategy, ensuring annual plans for departments, teams and individuals track back to the strategy
• Lead the process to develop the charity's annual plan and budget
• Lead all aspects of a high quality finance service including all financial operations, policies and procedures
• Lead the annual budgeting and reforecasting processes, and the production of accurate, timely and informative monthly management accounts
• Carry out excellent modelling and analysis to support the development and implementation of the annual budgeting process, our 3-year business plan and also contribute to long-term strategy and decision-making
• Lead regular and timely financial and outcomes reporting against KPIs to our funders and partners
• Lead the audit process in line with SORP requirements and prepare the annual report and statutory accounts
• Lead on the continuous development and embedding of the risk management framework across the organisation and all stakeholders
• Implement effective processes for working with the Fundraising Team
• Lead the Finance and Resources Team to manage day-to-day HR tasks including any employee relations and engagement, pay roll, pensions and record keeping
• Oversee all recruitment and induction
• Develop and regularly review an IT strategy for the organisation that supports growth and ensures compliance with legislation
• Ensure that the IT function is adequately resourced and efficiently managed internally
• Ensure that all equipment and platforms meet the needs of the growing team
• Lead on organisational compliance with GDPR/Data Protection Acts
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.