The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves! We currently have a fantastic opportunity within a marketing and advertising agency.
As International Financial Controller you will be at the centre of a talented team of Finance Managers looking after 28 international markets and growing. You will be responsible for coordinating monthly management reporting and ensuring timely delivery each month; helping the team solve problems and challenges as they arise; be a key contact for senior management to understand the performance of the international markets; training, coaching and mentoring team members; and helping implement and improve processes and procedures.
The role provides the right level of variation and challenges for an experienced and dedicated professional who seeks the opportunity to learn, grow, and lead a team in a friendly and supportive work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Responsibility for the timely delivery of the management accounts, forecasts and budgets for International Markets – APAC, AMERICA, EMEA and LATAM
• Reviewing the monthly management accounts to ensure that they are to a high standard
• Understanding performance of the markets and comparing to overall expectations to help drive improved outcomes
• Business partnering across International Markets - this encompasses being the bridge between Group HQ and local market territories, includes Group HQ policy monitoring and implementation (Revenue Recognition and
Inter-company Reconciliations are key) and particularly working with international business stakeholders to ensure local market is compliant with local laws and regulations and Group policies and procedures
• Commercial awareness - understanding local territory results, performance and impacts of key decisions and communicating these to Management
• Line management of the International Finance Managers based in HQ, including objective setting and performance reviews, career roadmap planning and development
• Helping to manage international tax compliance - VAT, Corporate Tax, Payroll Taxes, Indirect Taxes etc.
• Global client pricing modelling, margin analysis, rate card review and transformation
• KPI reporting and analysis on a market and client level – this includes reviewing and explaining movements in EBITDA, revenue and client growth, market and environment challenges and understanding the impact to
future trading positions
• Facilitate and manage the local audit of international markets and completion of Group Audit. Ensuring book keeping and records are kept to accurately report and facilitate this process
• Identify and actively drive forward process improvements and monitor the control environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or International equivalent)
• 5 – 7 years PQE
• Up to date UK GAAP/ IFRS / US GAAP knowledge and application
• Ability to time manage and prioritise tasks efficiently
• Proven adaptability in a fast-moving ever-changing environment.
• High Standard of integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.