Wow! Now here's an opportunity! Are you a part-qualified or newly qualified accountant? How would you like to work for one of the UK's premier private hire and courier service's?
We're looking for a Management Accountant who will be expected to support the Financial Controller with the reporting and analysis of all research and Capital projects being undertaken by the Innovation Team, the wider business as well as the ownership of the Innovation Team overhead accounts.
This will include the production of accurate and timely numbers with detailed understanding of the drivers of those results. Good communication skills are essential, as is a desire to progress in a paced environment.
The role sits within the wider management accounts team who are key to the production, reporting and analysis of monthly P&L, BS, CF and KPIs. This management accounting role will work closely with business stakeholders to support and facilitate robust monitoring, tracking, and ownership of the expenditure for their area of responsibility.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Ensure, timely and accurate monitoring and reporting of research project expenditure to the Innovation Team and wider business
• Coordinate the recording of expenditure in a manner that maximises the recovery of the expenditure as per the terms of the agreements and ensure that this is reflected in the General Ledger
• Ensure that the quarterly research grant claim process is achieved as accurately and efficiently as possible, ensuring any queries from external auditors are dealt with swiftly
• Identify finance and wider business process enhancements required to support the key role deliverables and to align with supporting the continuous improvement in business performance
• Analysis monitoring and reporting on all capital expenditure, ensuring that regular reporting is produced and communicated to project owners and the senior finance team
• Ensure that monthly expenditure is reflected in the General Ledger as part of the month end process
• Support the central overheads month end and forecasting process, particularly in relation to the Innovation team
• Production and analysis of regular reporting for areas of responsibility, including in-month flash reporting on performance
• Analysis and communication of business performance to non-finance stakeholders and management team, including Directors for the business area
• Support balance sheet and month end reconciliation reports and financial controls within business area
• Supporting budget and forecast process for the business areas
• Reporting of risks and ops for business areas in-conjunction with the Commercial Finance team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
• Excellent Excel skills including detailed analytical workings / experience
• Newly qualified / part-qualified accountant
• Analytical skills to support business analysis of overheads and spend categories
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with other finance team members and business stakeholders
• Build effective relationships across the business and at all levels of the organisation
• Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.