Dress how you want to be addressed! My client is a large high street fashion retailer and a globally recognised brand that are currently looking for an accounts payable clerk to join their large finance department. With over 100 stores in the UK, and with concessions in some of the UK's largest department stores they are a fantastic company to work for.
If you are an experienced Accounts Payable clerk who has working knowledge of SAP, and is someone who has managed the full cycle accounts payable process including payment runs, we would love to hear from you.
This position is based in the firm's head office located in Thurrock, Essex.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage incoming invoices and queries via Microsoft Outlook
• Check all invoices are valid tax invoices before proceeding to scan and post
• Responsible for following through on all invoices with query status.
• Liaise with internal employees to ensure invoice queries are resolved and final approved in order to be processed and paid within the agreed terms
• Vendor master data maintenance
• Investigate legal issues re non-payment and report to team leader/legal team
• Assist with internal and external audits
• Create weekly payment proposal for own suppliers and send to Payable Supervisor for review and approval
• Attend weekly meetings with Payable Supervisor to discuss status of supplier accounts and actions required to resolve any issues.
• Liaise with suppliers when chased for payments and advise suitable clearance dates while keeping within spend budget
• Provide support with aged creditor analysis where directed
• Reconcile the SAP ledger back to the major supplier statement
• Review the reconciliations with Payable Supervisor where directed
• Production of monthly spend forecast
• Reconciliation of cash payments, direct debits and Standing Orders
• Attend monthly meeting with AP Supervisor to review reconciliations and Aged Creditors Reports
What we need from you:
• Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office, Excel, Pivot and V-Look Up experience
• SAP Experience ideal
• Progressive experience in accounting and or finance, preferably within Accounts Payables
• Experience with multi-currency invoicing
• Flexible attitude to achieve results
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Attention to detail
• Communication skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.