My client is a medically-led laboratory, established in 1987. It is the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for an accounts payable clerk with a strong finance background and an appetite for systems. We are seeking an enthusiastic energetic person that wants to develop and grow with the company.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work between the ledgers of multiple companies and be able to manage purchase orders and invoicing across more than one platform solution. The individual should have a proven track record of attention to detail and the ability to analyse, monitor and understand information provided by suppliers. A key aspect of the role will include reading and understanding reports generated by the procurement platform.
What you will be doing:
• Manage the accounts payable inbox using subfolders and ensure invoices are uploaded on to the procurement platform on a daily basis. This includes opening of mail and sorting invoices into the predefined policies
• Review the general ledger account and cost coding submitted by operations as part of the purchase order and determine if the invoice coding in accounting review is accurate
• Apply the correct VAT treatment to the invoice for that specific company and demonstrate a basic understanding of VAT
• Review reports generated from the purchase order platform on a daily basis and resolve items with an open status which includes un-submitted invoices, unmatched purchase orders (including purchase orders that have
exceeded their limits) and unapproved purchase orders or invoices
• Troubleshoot flagged items within the purchase order system and resolve queries raised by users by providing them support
• Reconcile supplier accounts to supplier statements on a monthly basis
• Prepare an age analysis at month end with explanations of outstanding queries / invoices not yet presented for payment
• Process and pay staff expense claims and analyse credit card accounts and journal payments to the finance system
• Building and managing reports for various stakeholders within the business
• Manage and process invoices using the payment request function and apply the relevant general ledger and cost coding before sending the invoice for approval
What you will need to be great at this role:
• Minimum of AAT qualified or a degree in accounting and finance
• Minimum of 2 years working in accounts payable department and preferably a multi-company environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Highly skilled in use of Microsoft Office, intermediate excel skills is a mandatory requirement
• Flexible, highly motivated, effective team player; methodical, ability to understand and meet targets and deadlines, able to learn and assimilate new information
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.