A great opportunity to work within Children's Services at Plymouth City Council in Devon.
Plymouth City Council Children's services operate from a compact site in the centre of the historic city of Plymouth, Britain's Ocean City. Plymouth is located on the border of Devon and Cornwall in the South West of the UK - it is a vibrant waterfront city in one of the most beautiful areas of the country close to beaches and Dartmoor. All of the Children's services staff are housed in the same building, across the road from the court and very close to Plymouth Hoe. This ensures quick access to support facilities and a culture of open communication.
You would be a dynamic Assistant Director with extensive experience within Children's Services, able to work on an interim basis. Your role primarily will be to lead development and implementation of the Council's strategy for commissioned services for children, youth and families, alongside health agencies and the Head of Joint Strategic Commissioning, and for the delivery of efficient front line services and improved outcomes for the community working with the elected Members, Corporate Management Team and Senior Management Team.
This role is for approximately 3-6 months and will be based within the City Centre of Plymouth. The salary for this exciting opportunity is negotiable depending on your skills and experience.
You will hold the following demonstrable experience and qualifications;
- Must hold a social work qualification and a registration to practise (with the General Social Care Council (GSCC)).
- Substantial experience of leading and developing a successful social care department, including a strong commissioning and enabling model of delivery linked to outcomes.
- Substantial experience of maintaining high safeguarding standards.
- Strong record of delivery and improvement of whole system change and development of effective commissioning strategies.
- Evidential ability to have identified strategies for collecting and using market and client data to drive performance improvements and efficiency.
- Strong record of the involvement of service users in the design and determination of services within the children's social care sector.
- Knowledge of social care, youth and family services and commissioning frameworks and legislation, as well as current and future policy developments within the social care system.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachelle Addison, Specialist Consultant. Rachelle prides herself on working successfully with both applicants and her client in finding the right person for the right job every time. If you would like to speak to Rachelle directly, please call 01752 604700.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors. If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors on our website. Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!