A rare permanent opportunity to work for Plymouth City Council within their Highways division. Depot location is great as close to the City Centre, has on-site parking, canteen and shower facilities.
You would be an experienced Highways Maintenance Manager looking for a new challenge within Public Sector. You would manage and lead the Highways Maintenance Team ensuring Plymouth City Council's statutory highway obligations are fulfilled, revenue and capital maintenance budgets are maximised through efficient ad responsible spending. Along with providing governance and assurance over the Term Maintenance Contract (TMC)
You would be able to work on a full time basis, with a negotiable salary for the right candidate.
You will hold the following demonstrable skills & qualifications;
- Degree in Civil Engineering other qualification certified by the Engineering Council UK as academic base for Chartered Engineer and/or suitable experience in-lieu of qualifications.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 (New Engineering Contract 3) TMC contract (Schedule of Rates, Service Information, Specifications and Method of Measurement).
- Working knowledge of The Highways Act 1980, New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991, The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW).
- Working knowledge of raising Task Orders in accordance with the TMC contract documents.
- Experience in Winter Service delivery and qualified with Institute of Highway Engineers - Winter Service for Decision Makers and Managers (or equivalent such as City & Guilds).
- Qualification in Temporary Traffic Management design for rural and urban environments (National Highway Sector Scheme 12D Module 7).
- Working knowledge of The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 to fulfil Client responsibilities.
- Demonstrable application of Well-Managed Highway Infrastructure: A Code of Practice.
- Extensive experience of highway maintenance works across multiple asset types.
- Extensive experience of project managing highway maintenance schemes including design, construction and risk management.
- Service improvements resulting in cost and time efficiencies.
- Management of contracts and contractors.
- Financial monitoring and control.
- Previously held managerial position.
- A full driving licence.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachelle Addison, Specialist Consultant. Rachelle prides herself on working successfully with both applicants and her client in finding the right person for the right job every time. If you would like to speak to Rachelle directly, please call 01752 604700 for more information.
To apply for this exciting and opportunity, please click apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors. If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors on our website. Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!