A rare permanent opportunity to work for Plymouth City Council within their Highways division. Depot location is great as close to the City Centre, has on-site parking, canteen and shower facilities.
You would be an experienced Highways Asset Manager looking for a new challenge within Public Sector. You would lead the Asset Management Team in the application of principles to enable informed decisions to be made about investment and maintenance funding. Assist in the targeting of resources to where they can be most effective. Along with enabling the identification and management of the risks associated with its statutory duties to manage and maintain the public infrastructure.
You would be able to work on a full time basis, with a negotiable salary for the right candidate.
You will hold the following demonstrable skills & qualifications;
- Degree in Civil Engineering other qualification certified by the Engineering Council UK as academic base for Chartered Engineer and/or suitable experience in-lieu of qualifications.
- Incorporated Civil Engineer status or equivalent, or demonstrable progress working towards if not already achieved.
- Detailed knowledge of highways legislation, practice and application required for the management, maintenance and improvement of highways network and Asset Management planning.
- Detailed knowledge of highways legislation, practice and application required for the management, maintenance and improvement of highways network.
- Fully conversant with Health & Safety Legislation
- Performance Management
- Budget and Financial Management
- Project and Risk Management
- Implementing and managing organisational change
- Innovative in developing an efficient and effective highway service
This vacancy is being handled by Rachelle Addison, Specialist Consultant. Rachelle prides herself on working successfully with both applicants and her client in finding the right person for the right job every time. If you would like to speak to Rachelle directly, please call 01752 604700.
To apply for this exciting and opportunity, please click apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors. If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors on our website. Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!