We are currently recruiting for an Ocean Pricing Clerk for a large, multinational freight forwarding company based in Walsgrave, Coventry. This position will assist with the day to day ocean pricing requirements, working with both the operations and sales departments. This a temp to perm position with the working hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities and duties to include:
- Creating pricing for both full container load and less than container load shipments, ranging from small one day quotes to larger multi lane opportunities.
- Negotiating buy rates with carriers.
- Providing assistance to other (overseas) pricing teams.
- Liaising with customers for shipping advice.
- Providing sailing schedules at time of pricing.
- Updating of pricing and distribution of rates to regular customers.
- Assisting our Sales Team with specific pricing requirements.
- Knowledge of the ocean freight industry would be an advantage.
- It is very much a system based role, using the companies own software (full training will be provided).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Needs to be able to work well within a small team, as well as using own initiative.
In return this position is offering an highly competitive hourly rate of £9 per hour.
If you are interested in this role please apply online or email me at email@example.com