I am currently recruiting on behalf of a company who were established in 1989, my client is a leading logistics company who specialise in events and exhibitions in the UK and Europe. They are looking to recruit a Shipping Co-Ordinator on a permanent basis who will be responsible for managing and organising events up and down the country.
This will be a full time permanent position working Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm however you will need to be flexible when attending exhibitions.
The role will involve significant travel across the UK and Europe and will mean that for periods of time you will be away from home during busy exhibition seasons in Spring and Autumn. You must be prepared to work long hours when required and some weekends and holidays.
• Liaising with clients and attending and organising key events and shows
• Organising all transport needed for equipment to be transported to shows
• Pricing and quoting for potential clients
• Responsible for creating customer proforma invoices
• General office administration duties
• Previous experience in a shipping position ideally within road freight
• Experience with sea and air freight would be advantageous
• Good communication skills
• General administration skills
• Full UK Driving Licence is required
If you are interested please click APPLY!