Part time Finance Administrator
Fixed Term Contract
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a male Catholic membership organisation, with approx. 9,500 members in the UK, Australia, Ireland, Malta, India, South Africa, Dhaka, and Nazareth. The ethos of the association is Family Friendship and Faith.
They are a ‘not-for-profit' organisation, with two registered charities; The Bursary Fund Ltd, supporting youth projects in the UK and overseas. Members join the Association by being enrolled into a local branch i.e. Coventry, Oxford, London etc. Depending upon their size these branches are known as Groups or Circles.
Summary Job Description
• A job-share role working 3 days a week Monday-Wednesday
• £20,500 pro-rata
• Administrator supporting the Bursary Fund, Fund Secretary and Trustees with applications to the fund and preparation for their bi-monthly meetings.
• Taking on the day-to-day office admin tasks
• Providing data entry and administrative support to the Accounts Manager during busy financial periods
• The role would be 80% office/charity administrator and 20% finance administrator
• Working in a small, but busy and vibrant office environment helping out across other roles when needed.
Duties of this role include
• Daily office administration; Post, filing, telephone queries, email enquires
• Checking and logging Bursary applications ensuring all applications are accurate and meet set criteria. Requesting references.
• Fulfilling orders for various stocked items, creating individual invoices on Sage for this
• Working with the Job-share Administrator in updating members details with Gift Aid donations and sending out summary of Donation Reports bi-annually. An element of data entry with high attention to detail.
• Preparation for submitting the Gift Aid claim to HMRC (electronic process)
• Receipting invoices within Sage Line 50
• Administrative support to Accounts Manager
• As and when required research old records and archiving to support members and Circles
• Sickness & Welfare – Print and post letter to listed recipients. (This must be dealt with on day received and sent out first class)
• Making relevant membership changes in our Membership CRM Database
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
Skills & Experience
• Proven administrative background with some experience in finance & accounts
• Strong PC/Microsoft Office skills
• Basic accounting knowledge - experience with Sage line 50 or similar accounting package and AAT level 2 would be an advantage, but not mandatory.
• Flexible and adaptable approach
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good communication skills - verbal & written
• Able to multi task, using initiative to plan and organise priorities
• Self-motivated team player with a can do attitude.
Training provided on their bespoke CRM membership database.