About the role:
In this role, you’ll be at the heart of that, helping customers who contact us through a variety of channels about their bills, meters and service-related enquiries. This could be via phone, email, letter or social media.
As an agent of the future, you will be expected to deliver great customer outcomes at the first point of contact.
If you have a willingness to learn, we can teach you the rest!
This means you could be answering an incoming call, speaking to another department to get some extra detail to resolve your customers query, making an outbound call back to a customer or writing a customer a letter or email. There is a lot of variety in this job and no two days will be the same.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
We are looking for people who have these attributes:
- We are really open-minded about your past experience, but you must be a motivated person with a positive approach and a passion to get it right first time for each customer.
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of calls would be a bonus.
- Experience of writing to customers, but this is not essential.
- It’s all about the right attitude for us.
What’s in it for you?
- Curious in understanding customer needs and tenacious in doing what needs to be done to achieve the right outcome for each customer.
- Proactive and a self-learner who constantly looks to improve and deliver for each customer.
- You will take ownership of the customer’s issue, being curious to fully understand the query and identify the best solution to resolve it first time so that the customer never has to call or email us back.
- Being able to demonstrate passion about everything we do and giving a great service to our customers.
- A strong preference for drinking tap water over bottled and commitment to not flush wet wipes down the toilet would also help your chances!
Our customer service centre is a fun, fast paced environment where you will be working with like-minded people who really want to make a difference to our customers.
You will have mentors and a supportive management team that will help you shine, with team huddles and rewards such as star of the week and employee of the month, as well as the opportunity to get involved in team building activities such as our annual raft race for Wateraid and our Pantomime!
We promise to keep reviewing your training plan with you on a monthly basis, to ensure you are getting the training and development you need.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year + bank holidays increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Swindon, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.