QA Engineer (Automated) Newbury.
An opportunity for a QA Engineer / Software Tester to join a great Newbury based technology leader going through a period of growth.
In this role you will be a key part of their software product development process. This is a hands-on role where you will work closely with their software engineering teams in an Agile environment ensuring the highest quality of their product deliveries.
Some of your key responsibilities include devising and generating test cases and test scripts, development of automated tests, devising and/or acquiring test data, managing test datasets, running tests, logging bugs and reporting results and playing an active part in the Agile Kanban processes.
The successful QA Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
• Has worked in small highly effective teams to successfully over-deliver on expectations
• Has been an active participant in an iterative development environment
• Good knowledge of web testing tools and methodologies
• A solid working knowledge of Linux
• Unix shell scripting
• Methodical with a highly thorough and structured approach to work
• Fast learner and active problem solver
• Enquiring mind
Desirable but not essential:
• Automated testing of web based applications using tools such as selenium or JMeter.
• Working experience of an object oriented programming language such as Java
• Previous experience in testing of enterprise deployments
• Creation and manipulation of test data using SQL
In return you will be rewarded with a good basic, pension, life cover and a great working environment and the opportunity to work with and learn from some very bright people!
This is a superb opportunity for an amazing company. If this role is of interest please apply ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.