Fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and supportive Company as a Strategic Buyer/Planner for a well established manufacturing Company based in Forest Row. We are looking for an experienced procurement professional to procure the materials necessary for a successful distribution network, managing fruitful relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts in the best interest of the Company, evaluating supplier quality and developing new supply sources and procuring materials to support production.
This role is due to start as soon as possible, although notice periods will be taken into account. Core hours will be office hours Monday - Friday. Free parking on site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying materials required utilizing the ERP system
- Creating PO's and liaising with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice queries
- Provide quotations and expedite orders to relevant internal departments such as Sales, Engineering & Production departments
- Controlling rejects and supplier returns, ensuring corrective action is undertaken
- Identifying new and alternative suppliers
- Support the Materials Managers in making improvements to purchasing processes
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of using ERP system (ideally Lakeview)
- Strong ability in using MS Office, especially Excel
- Proven purchasing and planning experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail