Are you looking for a role which will give you greater responsibility within a stock control position, without managing people? This could be the role for you!
We are currently working on behalf of a very reputable Company based in central Crawley, who are currently looking for a new member of staff to manage the dispatch function and ensure the timely and efficient dispatch of goods. You will be working closely alongside the Warehouse and Transport team to work together, and you will hold the responsibility for the management of stock moving in and out of the warehouse sites.
Hours of work will be Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm (the first hour of this will count as paid over-time, therefore you will be paid time-and-a-half). Free parking on site. The role is due to start as soon as possible, although notice periods will be taken into account.
Responsibilities involved in the role will be as follows:
- Organising the timely dispatch of outgoing jobs; liaising with all departments and transport team to ensure that equipment is ready for dispatch on time
- Quality checking all job loads
- Dealing with dispatch paperwork - analysing and filing as required
- Working closely with dispatch function within secondary site
- Management of stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Adhere to the following compliance requirements: BSI 18001 (Health & Safety), ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 Environmental
- Continuously improve and develop the dispatch function
In order to be successful in this role, you must have similar experience in a sole standing stock control role, in addition to the following:
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Desire to work as a team and generate fresh and innovative ideas
- Strong and confident communicator
- Proven track record in liaising with customers
- Strong eye for detail