£25000 - £40000 per annum
£26000 - £30000 per annum
£25000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Drainage Engineer - Central London (Zone 1)
We seek a Senior Drainage Engineer to join our Drainage and Infrastructure team in the London office. You will be involved in a wide range of projects throughout the UK. We encourage and develop our people, and provide them with a varied workload and the autonomy to work individually, as well as giving them the opportunity to make a valued contribution to the team. Reporting to an Associate/Technical Director, you will support them in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
There are various duties and responsibilities central to the role and these will assist you in reaching your full potential;
(1) To work as part of a team delivering high quality engineering designs and drawings
(2) To produce engineering designs, drawings and specifications in accordance with the Company’s management systems
(3) Supervision of junior design staff, checking of design calculations, drawings and specifications prepared by others
(4) To keep abreast of industry best practice and new developments in own area of technical expertise
(5) To assist in setting and maintaining technical standards
(6) To comply with the Company’s safety and IMS procedures
(7) To review and approve work prepared by others
To perform your role as a Senior Drainage Engineer, you will also be expected to demonstrate a number of competencies, as detailed below;
(1) Business & Financial Management
(2) Business Development
(3) Project Management
(5) Team Working & Communication
(6) Health & Safety
- Degree qualified Chartered Engineer in a relevant discipline, or an Engineer with lower qualifications but a minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Excellent drainage design experience including foul, surface water, SUDs, below ground building drainage and pumping stations.
- Thorough knowledge of the UK planning system and sewer adoption processes.
- Advanced user of Microdrainage and/or other similar packages. Advanced used of CAD.
- Good skills in 3D modelling packages such as 12D or Civils 3D.
- Capable of running a small project team.
- Experience of preparing flood risk assessments would be an advantage.
- Shall have a good commercial awareness and the ability to manage and coordinate statutory authority diversions
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative and motivate others