As Technical Facilities Manager, you will take responsibility for all technical services being delivered to ensure that all relevant legislative standards are met, and encompass the delivery of the technical strategy, key business objects, financial management and the hands on maintenance.
The role holder is accountable for:
• Supporting asset and maintenance planning in the area of their area of responsibility and contributing to the development of national strategies.
• Undertaking the planning and execution of maintenance and repair operations to ensure that a cost effective solution is provided without disruption to site operations and customers.
• Leading investigations and providing reports in relation to any operational incidents or issues when requested to do so.
• Analysing data from technical activities and providing recommendations for change.
• Managing and developing a team of multi-disciplined service delivery colleagues, covering hard services.
• Leading a team to deliver P&FS service standards, maintain HSE excellence and a secure workplace, drive continuous service improvement and sustain a safe environment and improve customer experience.
• Building and sustaining proactive, effective relationships within all customer organisations and owning the overall workplace service relationship
• Actively engage in the provision of service innovation projects, programs and process.
• Accountable for the management and control of the cost book in their area of responsibility
• Proactively Manage the day to day operation of the technical and fabric team, driving positive change, work completion and efficient productivity through the existing team
• Completion of current reactive, planned, corrective and remedial tasks within SLA
• A technical expert in several disciplines with the ability to analyse complex problems and deliver fast, cost effective solutions.
• An ambassador for BTFS Technical Services, liaising with operational colleagues and other BT technical groups to promote and deliver best practice.
• A respected advisor, providing expert technical advice and training to operational colleagues and technical managers, able to influence effectively to drive decision making and action.
• Close liaison with HSE and other business units to ensure that safe working policies and procedures are correctly interpreted and adhered to.
• Essential – Substantial experience in managing building services with specialist skills in a number of disciplines. Must have more than 10 year's management experience of technical operations and safe systems of work.
• Desirable – HNC / HND qualified in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• Desirable - member of a professional institute (i.e. BIFM, CIBSE or IET)
• Desirable - holder of NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) general certificate
• Desirable – Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
• Engage with key suppliers, including framework suppliers, delivering planned and reactive tasks on site, including assessment of work activity and contract performance
• Interface with the refresh project team and input to, support activity including enabling works and plan BAU work activity and allocation around the project programme and plan
• Undertake a compliance assessment and gap analysis in a prioritised way, to achieve statutory compliance and optimised working processes which are compliant with the BTFS business management system and ISO9001 and ISO14001 accreditation.
• Complete an asset review and assess that a suitable and appropriate planned maintenance regime is in place and remedy any gaps utilising the Technical Services team, using the change control process
• Manages the delivery of P&FS services to agreed standards, and uses insightful analysis, performance metrics and business understanding to measure and manage delivery of service, team performance and suppliers
• Identifies, owns and resolves complex customer service issues, driving service improvements and exercising good judgement
• Encourages a customer-focused culture with their team and identifies and delivers ways of improving relationships
• Motivates, enthuses, inspires and empowers their team to deliver service excellence
• Effective management of our suppliers, including the agreement, planning, timescale and quality of delivery
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates who have good experience in hard service delivery, strong leadership qualities and are commercially and financially focused.
• An experienced technical manager who has a full understanding of FM services and the technical infrastructure that supports it.
• A specialist in a number of technical disciplines with the ability to develop technical staff.
• A proven track record in managing front line technical operations at a senior level with the ability to construct and manage complex technical maintenance and repair operations.
• A very good communicator who can translate complex technical matters into understandable language to suit a variety of audiences.
• A thorough understanding of health and safety in the FM services environment and related permit to work processes.
• The ability to analyse complex technical issues and produce high quality reports.
• A clear and demonstrative approach to supporting service delivery teams in delivering excellent customer service.
• Good commercial awareness with strong financial skills related to operational services.