The primary purpose of the role is to maintain a robust compliance assurance system across the contract and ensure service delivery of the contract to the client by working with the operational teams to identify areas for improvement and then implementing appropriate strategies to ensure that the improvement is embedded and sustainable. The individual will have an in depth knowledge of Managing a Hard Services engineering team and of compliance issues relating to Hard FM within a healthcare environment.
• The role will be predominantly based around managing Mechanical Engineering systems including, but not limited to, pressure systems, confined spaces and gas.
• Day to day duties will include the management of both internal employees (supervisor and engineers) and subcontractors to ensure that all reactive, PPM and corrective works are completed in line with our contractual requirements.
Healthcare experience is desirable but not essential with mechanical trade qualifications as a minimum. The post holder will preferably be qualified to HNC level in an appropriate technical discipline. Experience of being an Authorised Person in various disciplines would be an advantage.
Other skills and experience required are:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to evaluate complex data and produce technical reports to a high standard
• Prior experience as an Authorised Person, preferably in more than one discipline
• Experience of Line Management of Supervisors and engineer's essential.
• Whilst not a budget holder this post requires financial control to ensure budget is adhered to
• A methodical approach and a keen eye for detail
• To be able to contribute to excellent client relationships by providing a service which is trusted and respected
• Thorough understanding of building services compliance requirements
• An in depth knowledge of Healthcare Technical Memorandum an advantage.
• To contribute to the health and safety of the site including staff, patients and visitors ensuring that all risks relating to safety, health, environment and quality are effectively managed through the use of risk assessments, PPE, training and company procedures to ensure a safe working environment for both employees and clients
• To ensure compliance with company procedures for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitor and review of the services by analysis of the relevant data and where necessary carrying out audits to demonstrate compliance.
• Management of Projects from Inception to completion to a value of £150K essential.
• Enhanced DBS clearance essential (ability to obtain)
Full clean driving licence required