Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that projects are delivered to the correct specifications and required quality / industry standards
• Provide technical and operational support to FM projects team and wider FM team as appropriate.
• Promote zero snagging on all project works including the completion quality and H&S checks to ensure works are being completed in line with program, specification and CPP.
• Leading and motivating the team in accordance with policies and procedures
• Ensuring that all employees have the appropriate skills, knowledge, experience training and qualifications to fulfil their role
• Managing the performance of all direct reports on both a formal and informal basis including employee engagement, motivation, performance and absence management.
• Work closely with the nominated client counterparts to ensure all project works are being delivered in line with Contractual SLA's.
• Work closely and in conjunction with wider FM team including administration, helpdesk, Operations managers and Building Services managers
• Conducting continuous improvement activities in line with the client's requirements, implementing corrective and preventative action where required
• Ensuring that communication with the client is established and maintained throughout the life of each project including attendance at meetings, provision of management information and progress reports.
Project Management / Planning & Organising
• Planning work in a way which ensures that key milestones and completion dates are achieved
• Setting up strategic planning controls covering the full scope of works for all disciplines including the procurement programme, technical proposals, construction method appraisal, value enhancement and risk analysis controls, tender event schedules, design management strategy, project planning and Project Management systems.
• Monitoring and reviewing project requirements/achievements, Identifying issues which may impact on project delivery and escalating these where necessary
• Regularly reviewing the Project Management Plan and contractors methods of work to ensure they remain suitable for the task
• Management of external supply partners operational and commercial performance.
• Liaise with external consultants, suppliers, contractors, statutory bodies and internal clients as required.
• Ensuring suitable Commissioning, Inspection and Test Plans are in place for all work carried out.
• Work in conjunction with other Project Managers, Compliance Manager and Project co-ordinator to ensure that required building files / O&M records and assets database is continually updated.
• Accurately predicting cost to completion for allocated project works.
• Produce accurate estimates for works requested by clients. Estimates to be produced for sign off in accordance with FM authority levels.
• Producing and managing project specific costs to meet the client budget and programme
• Financial management within agreed budgets and targets to ensure agreed margins
• Managing WIP and producing accurate commercial forecast reports
Health & Safety
• Ensuring all employees are aware of their obligations under the Health & Safety Policy, and that work is carried out in accordance with the policy at all times
• Ensuring sub-contractors work in accordance with the Health & Safety policy
• Production of job / project specific Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessments and Method statements to ensure that works are planned and delivered to the highest levels of safety standards at all times.
• Helping create and maintain a positive safety culture, leading by example at all times
• Ensuring that all health, safety and environmental incidents and complaints are reported and investigated and that action points arising from site safety surveys, audits, accident reports and other recommendations are successfully closed off
Experience and Qualifications
• Educated to minimum of HND level in a relevant Technical Discipline (M&E Preferred) with 3-5 years post management experience.
• The candidate should either have; 3-5 years Project Management experience with a proven background in contracting. OR
• 3- 5 years Contract Management experience in Facilities Management or Small Works including managing an operational site based or mobile team.
• Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualification is preferred.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the legislative requirements that impact on the client's property.
• Hold a valid CSCS card and have relevant H&S qualifications for the position (SMSTS, First Aid etc.)
• Excellent communication skills including presentation and written report writing.
• Good PC skills, including advanced Excel, Asta Power Project or MS Project programming skills.
• Disclosure Scotland Clearance.
• Full driving licence
• Effective managerial skills, including the ability to lead and motivate a team
• Client focused, professional with the requisite skills to establish and maintain relationships
• A self-motivated person who has the ability to work on their own initiative and achieve stretching targets
• Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a pressurised environment
• A team player
• Strong commercial awareness
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Deadline driven
Hours and Environment:
This position will be base in the London office however the role holder will be required to travel to other offices and client sites on a regular basis.
Core working hours for this position are from 8am until 5pm, Monday to Friday. However flexibility will be expected with regard to hours of work to suit the needs of the business and team