We are currently recruiting for a Projects Engineer for our site in Porton Down, Wiltshire. I am representing a forward thinking innovative FM provider that are looking to employ a Projects Engineer with an M&E expertise.
• Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week, 08.00-17.00
• Salary : £37,500- £41,300
To take ownership of all allocated building and system upgrades, modifications, decommissioning projects and minor new works valued up to £3m pa within a highly regulated, secure estate as a key member of a TFM team, ensuring works are completed to schedule, cost and quality standards.
• Initiate contact with specialists and suppliers for quotes, reports and professional advice.
• Prepare briefs, schedules and scope documents in consultation with Client Staff.
• Prepare budget costs and manage on-going project costs.
• Co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements object.
• Appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors.
• Rigidly follow relevant work processes and procedures to facilitate a well-controlled service.
• Rigidly follow all health and safety rules and industry best practices.
• Attend regular scheduled and ad-hoc meetings.
• Respond to requests made via the Help Desk.
• Carry out task related risk assessments and maintain records.
• Review and management of contractor risk assessments and method statements.
• Liaison and organisation of any out of hours work including the management of sub-contractors, ensuring both site security and the Client are aware of the works.
• Inspection of permits to work issued to sub-contractors, ensuring they are operated correctly.
• Manage projects from design, tender, installation to testing and commissioning, practical completion, handover and ensuring asset management procedures are followed.
• Carry out regular contract reviews covering both operational & commercial matters in accordance with procedures.
• Manage all health & safety matters in accordance with relevant procedures and current legislation.
• Take responsibility for successful delivery in accordance with requirements outlined by the Client or nominated representatives.
Requirements for the Role :
• Time served apprenticeship or qualification to ONC Level or equivalent in, electrical, mechanical or refrigeration discipline.
• Previous experience of engineering working in a highly regulated environment.
• Proven and extensive experience in a similar role, ideally in a pharmaceutical, manufacture or hospital environment.
• Multi-skilled trade background with a good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Detailed understanding of CDM.
For further details please contact Adnan Sethi at the FMCNetwork on 0121 450 5000 or email email@example.com