Job Title: Head of Catering Services
Reports to: General Manager
As the Head of Catering Services you will be responsible for the management and development of patient feeding services and retail catering services at Royal Derby Hospital. In doing so you will manage the catering team and ensure they are equipped with the skills, knowledge and behaviours to safely and compliantly effect their roles, ensure financial control of all catering services and work in support of the Trust providing care to patients.
• Provide direction, guidance and support to all catering staff to ensure they carry out their roles efficiently and effectively and in compliance with safety and legal requirements to Trust operating standards.
• Maintain positive staff relations and wellbeing through effective and consistent communications, work procedures, instructions and training.
• Ensure staff are managed consistently and in accordance with the relevant Trust policies in relation to recruitment, training, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment for all staff, adhering to and Trust policies and current legislation, ensuring all staff are appropriately safety trained and work in compliance with safety procedures.
• Ensure risk assessments and method statements are produced and regularly reviewed for all work place activities.
• Manage incidents or complaints effectively within Trust policies and procedures.
• Ensure staff undertake Trust-led health and safety, fire and security annual training requirements.
• Ensure that operational procedures, instructions and accounting controls are adhered to for the planning, delivery and development of patient feeding and retail catering services.
• Maintain effective working relationships with the Trust, Project Co, colleagues and other associated stakeholders and organisations to deliver first class patient and retail catering services.
• Maintain the catering business continuity plan, ensuring operational contingencies are prepared and regularly reviewed for all catering services.
• Ensure accounting control for all catering cost centres, utilising accounting systems to analyse, report and forecast catering income and expenditure to meet and exceed annual budget.
• Prepare plans, budgets and forecasts for catering service business growth opportunities.
• Monitor retail performance through effective use of Electronic Point of Sale system (EPoS) to reconcile retail performance and drive business.
• Account for food stock on Saffron to monitor purchasing, stock control, food production and recipe adherence
• Food safety systems and procedures are to be adhered in all catering operations to ensure food safety for patients and retail customers and provide allergen information as requested.
• Conduct regular internal audits of all catering service operations. Review audit reports completed by internal and external regulatory bodies, corporate departments or the Trust and initiate appropriate action plans.
• Ensure that sickness and absence policies are adhered to and that all periods of employee absence are recorded and performance targets set for improvement to maintain acceptable levels of sickness and absence.
• Respond to customers' requirements in a timely, professional and courteous manner ensuring as far as is reasonably practicable customers are offered great service.
• Ensure that all catering personnel receive an annual appraisal using the /appraisal system. Identify training needs and development opportunities and facilitate personal development plans to address these.
• Plan training needs to ensure that all categories of the annual training matrix are achieved by catering personnel.
• Manage any incidents or complaints speedily and effectively within company and Trust procedures.
• Ensure confidentiality, privacy and dignity is maintained at all times in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations Act and in line with Trust policy.
• Manage the recruitment, induction and training of new staff, to ensure adequate levels staffing to deliver service.
• In coordination with the People and Culture Manager implement appropriate personnel policies manage personnel incidents and take appropriate action as necessary.
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst on Trust and Company premises and lead by example.
• Complete on-call and weekend duties as per the on-call and weekend duty manager roster.
For Further information please contact Adnan Sethi on 0121 450 5000 or email email@example.com