Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an aspirational Import Operator based in Essex. The Salary is up to £25,000 - £28,000 for the right candidate.
An International Freight Forwarder
Role & Responsibilities
To assist the Import department, working in a fast paced, busy environment, meeting the customers requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company procedures and statutory requirements to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
• Liaise / co-ordinate with internal and external customers, ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
• Ensure effective/timely communication with customers and employees to ensure smooth running of the department.
• Input data into computer systems as directed to ensure timely and accurate information available.
• Collate all Imports paperwork.
• Entering data into the company Freight system
• Arrange with approved carriers for transport of cargo to maximize cost effectiveness.
• Work with sales department to ensure new business is effectively brought into the branch.
The ideal candidate will come from a Freight background with a strong focus on Customer Service and experience in and Import. Air and sea freight experience and knowledge is highly desirable and the willing to succeed in a successful logistics operation.
Based in Essex, the role is commutable from Wickford, Grays, Basildon, Corringham, Benfleet, Ockendon, Canvey Island. and surrounding areas.