BJD Group has been exclusively engaged to find a high calibre and ambitious Transport Supervisor. As Transport Supervisor you will be based at the Site near to South Wigston with a salary of up to £26,000 for the right candidate.
A market leading 3PL provided on a dedicated contract.
As Transport Supervisor your will lead a team of drivers ensuring that the distribution team operates safely, providing the highest level of service to customers, whilst ensuring the operations are optimised as efficiently as possible. You will also be a key part of the management team driving key efficiencies and improving driving and safety standards.
Your other responsibilities include:
• Planning/Routing - Aware of route planning techniques and processes
• Customer Services - To oversee the Customer Services desks and ensure tasks are handled as required
• Resource Allocation - Aware of processes and priorities associated with resource allocation. Also Identify and deploy resources necessary to deliver loads on a day to day basis
• Price Quotation - Quote prices for movement of loads from standard tariff or pricing matrix
• Communication on Equipment - Aware of different equipment & processes used to communicate with drivers, customers and company colleagues
• Damaged Goods Procedures - Aware of company procedures around damaged goods and incomplete consignments
• Knowledge of Legislation - Working knowledge of drivers' hours and RTD legislation, referring to source material or asking advice when necessary
• Record Keeping - Aware of the need to keep records of tachographs, driving licences, fault reports, vehicle service records and official vehicle documentation
• Ensuring Others' Compliance - Aware of Traffic Office role in ensuring company employees' compliance with legal obligations
• Fuel Management - Aware of issues around fuel consumption and potential cost saving opportunities
To apply for the position of Transport Supervisor, you must already have gained management experience with in a transport operation. You will have passion for customer service and an engaging management style. You must also possess.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of £26,000 + company benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and established business at key stage in their operational development.
Based in South Wigston it is commutable from:
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at bjdgroup.co.uk for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at bjdgroup.co.uk