Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
Pay: £15 - £17 per hour
Contract: 6 months cover. Possibly moving to permanent
Full time position for a qualified trades-person to support a public sector organisation in a multi-site role.
The position will involve the maintenance, repair, checking and installation of, commercial property within the Midlands region. There are 30 sites and work will be both reactive and planned, as per instructions. The role is based from the main office near the city centre of Worcester.
In order to be considered for the position, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Suitable tools and equipment
- Full Driving Licence
- Flexibility to cover a wide area
- Ability to cover out of hours call out Rota (1 week in 4)
- Ability to work at heights (if required)
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification or training
- Experience of working within a controlled construction environment
- Experience of working with computers.
- A good knowledge of current building practices and statutory requirements.
- A suitable standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent technical skills relating to the building industry.
- The ability to organise and prioritise his or her own workloads and meet deadlines and the ability to work with minimal supervision and to exercise his or her own judgement.
- Be prepared to undertake further training as required.
In return is the opportunity to undertake a varied and interesting role, supporting a key local organisation. The role is a six month contract but due to the growth of the business there may be permanent opportunities at the end of the six months.
A company van is provided as part of the role.
There may be the requirement for out of hours cover to be completed, where the successful candidate would be expected to attend to emergency calls, or offer advice to ensure issues are dealt with, as appropriate. Such calls are minimal, but this may become a key feature of the role, so candidates must be happy to commit to this when making an application.
The pay rate will be negotiable dependant on skills and experience but will be between £15.00 - £17.00 per hour.
To apply for the role please call 01905 611555 NOW or click 'APPLY'